OR click a category below to explore all ways to give:
Because we are a 100% non-profit organization with no goverment funding, we always welcome monetary donations of any size. We have several ways you can give funds, and we can provide a tax receipt if you need one. You can also direct your giving to a specific program or service, or earmark it for general operating expenses. Many of our payment options are available on this website (credit card, debit card, ACH), but you can also mail donations to us at:
Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels
300 S. 5th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47807
One Time Gifts
You can use our one-time donation page for a single monetary donation. This form allows you to specify if you want yoru donation to be applied to Operational Support or if you would like to money to be used for Meal Assistance.
Our Friends and Family Monthly Donor Progam is for individuals and businesses that want to offer support on an on-going basis. You can use this website to set up a recurring monthly payment of any amount. Alternatively you can mail in a check each month. We'll even provide the envelopes if you need them!
There are several programs that you can easily enroll in, choose us as your charity of choice, and we get automatic contributions based on your actions with the program. Check out the links below and choose Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels!
Bookmark https://smile.amazon.com/ and always start your Amazon shopping experience there. On your first visit you can select your charity of choice. Search for "Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels, Inc."
Kroger Community Rewards:
If you are a Kroger customer with a Kroger Plus Card, you can link your Shopper's Card to contribute donations to us based on your shopping totals at Kroger stores.
Organization Name: Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels Inc.
Organization Number: YX844
Money isn't the only thing an organization like ours needs. We rely on MANY volunteers every day to make things happen. We utilize community members in many ways, and we have many opportunities for you to get involved with us. We have volunteer opportunities for both individuals and groups or businesses.
Delivery Drivers, Phone Callers, Street Team
We run 10 delivery routes a day, Monday through Friday, and need a driver for every route. Deliveries take about an hour to an hour and a half. We deliver hot and cold meals as well as provide a well-being check while we are there. In addition to the drivers that volunteer for us, we also use volunteers to make phone calls to our clients through our Caring Connections program. Our Street Team volunteers help with a variety of things like sharing on social media and spreading the word about our events. if you are interested in any of our volunteer opportunities you can read more and apply here.
Highly- Skilled Professionals
If you have a professional skill that you think would benefit our organization, we would love to talk! We would like to partner with some professional photographers, videographers, grant writers, nutritionists, or other skilled professionals. If you have construction or remodeling skills, we may soon have a need for you, too!
If your employer participates in the CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) or the SECC (State Employees Combined Campaign), you can donate to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels directly by choosing us as your charity. If your employer supports the United Way, you can also designate funds to go directly to us. You can also ask your employer if they have any charitable donation matching programs that may match your dollar for dollar contribution to our program.
- Specific Bequests are usually a stated dollar amount. They can also be a gift of securities, real estate or other tangible personal property.
- Residual Bequests name Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels to receive all or a percentage of the remainder of an estate after specific bequests have been fulfilled.
- Contingent Bequests take effect only if all primary beneficiaries named in the will have deceased prior to the donor. Declaring Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels a contingent beneficiary can prevent the property from going to the state if there are no heirs.
- Beneficiary: You can designate Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels the beneficiary of an existing policy.
- Owner & Beneficiary: You can transfer an existing policy to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels, making the organization the owner and beneficiary.
- New policy: You can take out a new policy with Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels as the owner and/or beneficiary.
- EIN: 35-1185194