Meals on Wheels Terre Haute serves Vigo County.
To apply for Meals on Wheels Terre Haute (MOWTH) you may call our office at (812) 232-3878 and complete an application by phone, or simply click the link below. To confirm the availability of services in your area, please email (email@example.com), or call our office at (812)232-3878.
Meal Program Details
Meals are delivered 5 days a week by volunteer drivers. Our drivers pick up meals between 10:45am - 11am. Most meals are delivered by 12:30pm. Of course these times may vary due to inclement weather and/or other circumstances beyond our control. Meals on Wheels Terre Haute is unable to offer medically therapeutic meals. However, we can provide simple solutions to accommodate some special dietary needs. Examples of dietary accommodations include:
- Meals prepared with minimal salt
- Substitutions of desserts for our recipients with diabetes
- Soft diets for our recipients who may have trouble chewing and/or swallowing
- Chopped options for our recipients who are unable to cut their meals
- Requests for the exclusion of some foods due to allergies
- Special requests may be accommodated within reason
Meal recipients have a choice of hot meals, cold meals, or both. Meals are delivered in sealed containers which can be refrigerated, frozen, and are oven/microwave safe.
Our Meal Costs have already been Discounted.
There is a Small Cost to receive Our Meals.
Each Hot Meal is $5.00 a day
- One entree
- a side dish or 2
- 1 drink of either juice (various flavors), or milk (2%, skim, or Chocolate)
Each Cold Meal is $4.00 a day
- Cold entree will generally consist of a sandwich (lunch meat, tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, wraps, etc)
- One side (pasta salad, potato salad, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc)
- One fruit
- 1 choice of either juice (various flavors), or milk (2%, skim, or Chocolate)
There is an Additional Discounted price of $7.00 a day for a Hot-Cold Combo Meal.
Sample Hot Meals
- Beef Stroganoff with Roasted Potatoes and Peas
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Green Beans and Garlic Bread
- Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
- Split Pea Soup
- Mexican Bake with Spanish Rice
- Barbeque Chicken with Corn Casserole, and Green Beans
- Chicken n' Noodle with Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Leek and Potato Soup
That's just to name a few!