The combined community support from this donor program helps fund important components of the Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels program. Your monthly donation can be directed to the following group funds:
- Operational Support. As a non-profit organization, we are often restricted from using funds we raise or obtain from grants for operational costs. Many things go into operating a Meals on Wheels program, including office supplies, technology costs, utilities, and payroll. Your gift to this area will be used to keep the general operations of our program functioning, as well as to help support the operation of our commercial kitchen where meals are produced each week day for our home meal delivery program. During the COVID-19 crisis, we are operating without the normal 40+ hours of volunteers in the kitchen each week. Funds directed to this area will also be used to keep staff operating in place of volunteers, as well as for new equipment, food orders, and other needs related to meal production.
- Meal Assistance. We are a self-pay meal program, meaning there is a nominal cost associated with our meals. Even with the low cost of our program, some in our community still struggle to afford it. Monthly gifts to our Meal Assistance Fund go to helping place people on our program who otherwise wouldn't be able to join. We can only offer assistance in this form as long as we have community support.
We would be happy to discuss how your company can make an on-going monthly donation to the Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels program!
As part of our Friends & Family Donor Program, we are asking you to choose an area of our program to support, and then set up your monthly gift as a recurring donation through the form below. Please check that box after entering your amount.
(Note, if you do not wish to use a credit/debit card to set up an automatic monthly donation, you can choose the "mail a check" option and use postal mail to send your contribution each month - we can even provide envelopes for you to use)
Here are some thoughts as you consider your donation to this fund:
- Our daily price for meals is only $2.50 a day for a cold meal, $4.00 for a hot meal, or the discounted price of $5.50 a day to receive both meals.
- While we do accept EBT (food stamps) as payment, many clients needing help for our meals do not receive enough monthly assistance in this form to pay for on-going meals.
- When our staff determines that someone is eligible for assistance, we can offer 1 meal a day (meal may be hot or cold depending on availablility, and clients receive extra meals on Friday for the weekend) for free.
- For a little over $100 you can provide someone with a hot meal, every day, for a whole month.