The month of March is an important month for the Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels program. It is not only a national fundraising month, but we are also celebrating our volunteers, local leaders, and the fact that we have moved our offices into a new building!
For the last 17 years, the Meals on Wheels network has claimed the month of March as its time to join forces to strengthen the impact of its efforts and rally communities around what you all do. During March for Meals, you’ve collectively raised millions of dollars in support of your local programs and recruited tens of thousands of volunteers, champions and lifetime supporters.
Here's how we're celebrating:
City Hall Display, all month long
Happiness Bag Disability Resource Fair, March 2, 2019, 11:00am-3:00pm
Breakfast Bribe on Hi99, March 8, 2019
Community Champions Week, March 18-22, 2019
- Monday March 18, 2019
- Open House 4:00-6:00pm https://www.mowth.org/mowth-housewarming-open-house
- Ribbon Cutting & Proclamation from Mayor 6:00pm
- Champions: We're kicking off the week with Cops in the Kitchen! Vigo Co. Sheriff John Plasse and Terre Haute Police Chief Shawn Keen, plus WTH Police Chief Bill bark join us for meal prep!
- Tuesday March 19, 2019
- Union Hospital Diversity Health Fair
- Champions: Mayor Duke Bennett, WTH Detective Ann Redman, and Jessica Starr from ISU's Center for Community Engagement join us for prep and meal delivery!
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Community Champions Dinner & Silent Auction https://www.mowth.org/2019-community-champions-dinner-auction
- Champions: Richard Payonk from the United Way & Gina Walls from reThink, Inc. join us for the whole meal experience!
- Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Champions: Dr. Nathan Schaumleffel from ISU's Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Certification Program join us for meal prep!
- Friday, March 22, 2019
- Champions: Bob McHenry, the Pastor at Faith Wesleyan Church, joins us for meal delivery. MOWTH Board Member Jane Keys will also be here with ISU Nursing Student Brittany Medsker helping with meal prep!
Jail & Bail Fundraiser, April 10, 2019
- Kris Kraut is the owner of The Red Barn at Sycamore Farms, and the Butler's Pantry. Kris is also being arrested for "Cooking Food that's too Delicious!"
- Matt Tegtmeyer is the Managed Services Manager at Joink. Matt is also being arrested for "Being in Cahoots with Jesse James!"
- Sally Whitehurst is the Assistant Vice President of Marketing & First Gold Club Coordinator for First Financial Bank. Sally is also being arrested for "Having too many social media profiles!"
- April Simma is the CEO at Simma Ventures LLC. She offers up unique AirBnB spaces to stay in Terre Haute. April is also being arrested for "Offering beds we never want to get out of!"
- Kim Marlow is the Manager of Human Resources at Novelis. Kim is also being arrested for "Not telling us how to use our aluminum foil!"
- Brooke Porter is a Student Athlete Success Coach at Indiana State University. Brooke is also being arrested for "Not turning in her homework!"
CLICK HERE TO BAIL SOMEONE OUT: