Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels delivers nutritious meal, a safety check and a smile that serves as a lifeline for seniors of limited mobility. This combination goes well beyond fighting the battle against the hunger that threatens one in six of America’s seniors – it provides the support and peace of mind that enable them to remain safely and securely in their own homes as they continue to age. Enabling seniors to stay in their own homes means they remain happier, extend their independence and can stay connected to the communities and surroundings that provide them comfort. The powerful side effect of this result is that it means seniors can stay out of expensive nursing facilities and hospitals.
Meals on Wheels can feed a senior for 1 YEAR for less than it costs for 1 DAY in a nursing facility!
Applying for Services
Please complete and submit one of the Application for Services forms linked below and we will contact you.
- Application for Services (online)
- Application for Services (printable)*: Please download, print, complete and mail or fax the printable form. You can also drop it off at the office. Our contact information is located below and at the top of the page, under Contact Us. * Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free here.
Hot Meal Program
Meals are delivered 5 days a week, between 10:30 am and 12:00 pm by volunteer drivers. The nutritious, low-fat meals each contain 1/3 of the minimum daily nutritional requirements for senior adults.
Each meal includes the following:
- One serving of lean protein
- Two servings of complex carbohydrates
- Two servings of either a fruit or vegetables
- Eight ounces of milk
Nutritionally, each meal has:
- At least 700 calories
- Less than 1,400 mg of sodium
- Less than 30% of its calories from fat
Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels partners with a variety of organizations to offer additional services for our clients. When available, we provide the following:
- Birthday cards
- Christmas cards
- Valentine's Day cards
- St. Patrick’s Day cards
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Information on a variety of agencies offering help and assistance to the elderly (when requested)