The volunteers who deliver meals to our clients are the most visible aspect of our organization; Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels relies heavily on financial contributions from donors such as you to pay for the meals we serve each day. 100% of every dollar you contribute stays right here in Vigo County and goes directly to this program. As you can see, your support is invaluable. Simple monetary contributions (even made on behalf of someone else), various types of planned giving, vehicle donations, in-kind gifts of goods and services, etc. are but a few of the ways in which you can play a part in furthering our work in the community. For more information on these topics, please click the links below:
Please bear in mind that Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, and donations made to Meals on Wheels are generally tax deductible. Always seek the advice of a tax professional when determining whether your contributions qualify for deduction.
We are happy to accept any financial contribution you choose to make.
Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels
630 Ohio Street
Terre Haute, IN 47807
You can designate any gift as an honorarium by simply including the individual’s name and mailing address. Meals on Wheels will send that special someone a lovely card indicating that a gift has been made in their name. (If you wish it to contain a personalized message, please include that with the person’s contact information.)
If your employer participates in the CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) or the SECC (State Employees Combined Campaign), you can donate to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels directly by choosing us as your charity.
Planned Giving – Bequests:
Once you have discussed with your attorney or financial-planning professional how giving to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels can be in both your best interest and that of the community we serve, please consider any of the various forms of bequests that can be made to support our mission.
- Specific Bequests are usually a stated dollar amount. They can also be a gift of securities, real estate or other tangible personal property.
- Residual Bequests name Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels to receive all or a percentage of the remainder of an estate after specific bequests have been fulfilled.
- Contingent Bequests take effect only if all primary beneficiaries named in the will have deceased prior to the donor. Declaring Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels a contingent beneficiary can prevent the property from going to the state if there are no heirs.
If you have questions or want to find out more about planned giving to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels, please contact the Executive Director by phone at 812-232-3878 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Planned Giving – Life insurance:
Once you have discussed with you attorney or financial-planning professional how giving to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels can be in both your best interest and that of the community we serve, please consider any of the various ways life insurance policies can be used to support our mission.
- Beneficiary: You can designate Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels the beneficiary of an existing policy.
- Owner & Beneficiary: You can transfer an existing policy to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels, making the organization the owner and beneficiary.
- New policy: You can take out a new policy with Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels as the owner and/or beneficiary.
If you have questions or want to find out more about giving life insurance to Terre Haute Area Meals on Wheels, please contact the Executive Director by phone at 812-232-3878 or by email at email@example.com
Vehicle Donation Program
You can support Meals on Wheels by donating your unneeded vehicle, RV, boat, motorcycle, etc. to get the process started please call the Executive Director @ 812-232-3878.
Goods and Services
We are perpetually in need of various common items for the office (such as ink for Dell printers, stamps, staples, copy paper, file folder labels, ECT...), and miscellaneous items (such as gas cards for volunteer drivers).
We are fortunate to be affiliated with various organizations and services that allow you to make a significant contribution to our mission in the course of carrying out your daily errands, shopping, and web surfing. You can:
- Shop online at Amazon.com you can select us as your charity at Amazon smile.